Saturday, September 18, 2010

Does this look like the picture of an 8 year old??!! (sniff, sniff!)


When I took this picture of Jaedyn I didn't realize it would touch me so. As I reviewed my pictures from our last shoot this one just kept talking to me. It evokes so many emotions in me as a mother. She isn't a little girl anymore - more like a young lady. I am blessed that she is still a Mommy's Girl but this picture just makes me think of her as a baby, the toddler, and even now...her tender heart, her sense of right and wrong (and believe me, it IS either RIGHT or WRONG with her, no gray area), and her naivety. I think of all she has yet to do and will do, all the hopes and dreams I have for her and how she is just a one-of-a-kind person who I hope will always be that way no matter what others tell her she should be. She lets the Lord guide her heart and tries to live the way He would have her to and holds others to that expectation as well. I truly think all those things and more when I listen to how this picture speaks to me. Today looking at this picture of my eldest baby I celebrate her and all the things the Lord has in store for her. I pray I am part of those wonderful things and I pray that I can be all I am supposed to be for her as her mom.
Sorry to ramble for those who don't know me well enough yet on this blog but for those who do know that I am most proud in my life to just be a mommy! God bless you all and have a great rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This photo reminds me how fast she is growing into a young lady. I hope she stays black and white with no gray her whole life. I read your blog almost daily even when I do not comment. Love to see what is going on in your world of photography. Love, Sandra

    ReplyDelete