Saturday, February 26, 2011

Can you believe it?

This little adorable baby being cuddled by his proud big sister in this photo will be FIVE years old tomorrow!  It just doesn't seem real.  I always thought people were a little crazy or just silly for being so weepy when their children turned certain ages but now I am understanding it. Now don't get me wrong, I totally thought Jaedyn grew upWAY too fast and still do.  But she was always my older one and I knew there was another coming along.  Well now I get it - there isn't another after Peyton and next year I will have no "babies" in the technical sense of the word since they will both be in "big" school (even though they are both FULLY aware that they will ALWAYS  be my babies!).  But this one has hit me harder.  Not sure why other than he is the last one but I am wondering if it is a mother/boy thing?  I LOVE my little girl and she is pretty much me made over and  she will always be my first but there is something about this rotten, stinker of a boy too that just makes me so protective of him.  Who knows?!  Just throwing out random thoughts but boy am I a little weepy this weekend thinking of him getting "big"!  Family party is today and then on to the "just us"  family party tomorrow, his actual birthday.  Pictures to come, I am sure you knew that!  But for now, just this sweet one of his sister and him, my favorite one of them together! 
Have a blessed weekend...

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a Mother/Son relationship like the Father/Daughter relationship that most girls have. I did not have any girls but the relationships with both the boys is very special. If they had a question or a problem, they always came to me. Whether it was 10 p.m. or 2 a.m., they always knew mom would listen, even if I had to be at work at 5 a.m. Boys are so loving when they are small and they know how to turn on the charm even at that early age. Enjoy! The years go too fast. I have discovered through my granddaughter, that grandmother/granddaughter relationships are very special too and I am enjoying and cherishing mine so much.

    ReplyDelete